- Access – Plane, barge and road access within property. However, on September 2nd 2017, government funding was announced that will eventually make the Casino deposit accessible by road and also allow access to existing roads on the Canadian Creek property.
- Property – 6,180 Hectares, 160km South of Dawson City, Yu
- Three Mineralization Types
1) Bulk Tonnage Gold (Intrusion Related)
2) Structurally Controlled Gold (Like Goldcorp’s Coffee Deposit)
3) Copper-Gold-Molybdenum porphyry (Like Western Copper and Gold)
- Neighbors – Goldcorp (Coffee), Western Copper and Gold (Casino)
- 150m+ Trenching which exposed 40m of mineralized rock 0.57 g/t gold including 10m grading 1.69 g/t.
- 1 Diamond drill hole completed – Gold of .49 g/t over 150m, Gold of .72 g/t over 55m.
- 5 Diamond drill holes completed – Highlight hole: 07-04 with gold .31 g/t over 139.9m and 2.96 g/t over 6m.
- 10 Diamond drill holes (1,425m) All drill holes contained anomalous gold values.
- Drilling was completed along soil geochemical and IP anomalies which cover over 4km in length.
- 5,660 Soil Samples (50m intervals on lines spaced 200m)
- Infill Sampling on 100m lines over areas of prospective gold-in-soil anomalies
- Magnetic Survey (391 line-kilometer)
- IP Survey (5 N-S lines spaced at 200m intervals, 10 line kilometers total)
- 40 Drill Holes (6,069m)
- Extensive geochemical and geophysical exploration surveys across the entire property resulting in the outline of a number of large gold targets as well as a series of copper-gold-molybdenum targets extending westward from the Casino Deposit.
Canadian Creek lies within a belt of metamorphosed and schistose rocks belonging to the Yukon metamorphic belt. Upper Cretaceous quartz-dioritic to quartz-monzonitic intrusives and related breccias named the Casino Complex occur throughout the property intruding these metamorphosed sediments and volcaniclastic rocks. A northwest trending belt of gold rich mineral deposits extends from the Mount Nansen and Freegold Mountain areas, through the Sonora Gulch project and the Coffee project, to the White Gold project (Kinross Gold Corporation) with the Casino and the Canadian Creek properties occurring approximately two thirds of the way along this belt.
52.7M tonnes indicated @ 1.68 g/t gold (3.1 million oz gold)
42.6 M tonnes inferred at 1.52 G/t gold (2.3 million oz gold) - TOTAL = 5.4 million oz gold
- Western Copper and Gold
- Measured and indicated 1.06 b tonnes @ 0.20% copper, 0.23 g/t gold and 0.022% molybdenum
- 4.7 billion lbs copper
- 9.2 million oz gold
- 46.9 million lbs molybdenum
Canadian Creek is 100% owned and operated by Cariboo Rose.
The Ana claims are subject to a 5% net profits interest in favour of Western Copper Corporation. The Casino “B” claims are under an option to Cariboo Rose which allows Cariboo Rose to earn a 100% interest in the claims by undertaking sufficient work to meet assessment work requirements on both the Casino “B” and 83 contiguous claims (the Casino “A” claims) until 2020. The Casino “B” claims are subject to a 10% net profits interest in favour of Western Copper Corporation.